Club Timeline and Important Dates:
- March – Water Chemistry Tech Talk @ Hopvine Brewing
- April – 2nd Annual Chili Cook-off @ Pollyanna Brewing
- May – Big Brew Day – TBD
- November – Learn to Homebrew Day – TBD
- December – Annual Holiday Party – TBD
- May – Big Brew Day at Hopvine
- May – Morel Fest
- September – Brew at the Bridge in Oswego
- First PALE Monthly meeting at Werk Force Brewing
- October – Steve Thanos elected the next President of PALE
- December – Annual Winter Party held at Grande Park, release of PALE Barleywine
- Our next meeting will be on February 2nd at 7 pm at Nevin’s Brewing Co. in Plainfield.
- Jan. 16 – One & Done Festival at Nevin’s
- Feb. 27 – Naperville Winter Ale Fest.
- March 5 – Windy City Brew Ha Ha
- May 7 – Big Brew Day
- July 16 Naperville Ale Fest
- Sept 17 – Brew At The Bridge
- Oct 8 – MWBF – Back in Plainfield
- November – Elected new Officers. Michael Jacobs is president.
- Dec. 9 – PALE Christmas Party
- January – Dues are reduced to $10 per year
- Jan 10 – The OneDer Beers beer festival at Nevin’s
- February 21 – Sours Bottle Share
- March 2015 – Club membership renewal – 155 registered members.
- March – 5th Anniversary Barrel fill with BrewWerks
- August – PALE table @ Midwest Brewers Fest in Willow Springs
- September – PALE table @ Brew at the Bridge in Oswego
- September – 1st ever PALE Camping trip with John Marlovits, John Lawlor, David Herrmann, and Dan Cooper in LaSalle IL.
- October – Annual elections, Michael Jacobs and Pat Elder elected to board positions. Rob Ruiz elected to director position. John Lawlor and Brian Phad re-elected.
- December – PALE 5th Anniversary Party – each member in good standing allotted a bottle of our Barrel Aged Imperial Stout. 84 bottles filled.
- Jan 10 – Pipeworks Bottle Share
- March 2014 – Club membership renewal– 90 registered members
- March 15 – French Press Bottle Share
- May 10 – UKG/PALE Social event at Hopvine
- May 23 – Barley Wine Bottleshare
- August 18 – OctoberFest at Waa-Kee-Sha Park
- August 23 – Midwest Brewers Fest – A severe thunderstorm caused Plainfield police to shut down the festival for nearly two hours.
- November 1 – National Learn to Brew Day
- November 1st, 2012 – 2nd Club Elections for all positions. John Lawlor new President, Art Golk Vice President, Rob Ruiz Treasurer and Brian Phad Secretary.
- December 4 – Off-Flavor Seminar
- February 2013 – Pete Rzeminski, by Board decision, is named Treasurer to replace Rod Wiberg who stepped down for personal reasons.
- March 2012 – Club membership renewal – 117 registered members.
- March 2013 – Club membership renewal – 128 registered members
- April 2013 – The club becomes a registered Illinois non-profit corporation under the name The PALE Homebrew Club.
- May 4, 2013 – Big Brew Day held at John Lawlor’s
- July 28, 2013 – 3rd Annual Summer Picnic Bash – Riverview Farmstead – about 30 attendees
- August 24, 2013 – 3rd Annual Midwest Brewers Fest
- September 5, 2013 – Last meeting of the 2013 Fiscal Year, nominations are taken for the elections in October.
- November – Darien Kruss is elected President, Vice President: Mike Zuro, Secretary: Ian Webster, Treasurer: Rob Ruiz
- Dues are initiated at $20 per year
- January 5th, 2012 – PALE Project — first ever beer judging event, exclusive to Club members. Ray Krueger won the Porters competition.
- January 21st, 2012 – PALE Bowling Outing at Plainfield Lanes.
- April 5th, 2012 – due to Limestone moving locations, 1st club meeting held at Bolingbrook Golf Course.
- May 5th, 2012 – AHA Big Brew Day – at the Brew Corner / Alsip Nursery, Frankfort IL.
- July 14th, 2012 – 2nd Annual Summer Picnic Bash – Riverview Farmstead – about 45 attendees. Lots of good food, people and beer!
- August 25th, 2012 – 2nd Annual Midwest Brewers Fest – another smashing successful fest – supported by PALE in all volunteer positions – board, team leaders – team members and many day of fest volunteers.
- September 6th, 2012 – PALE meeting at Solemn Oath Brewery, Naperville IL. about 70 attendees.
- October 4th, 2012 – 1st meeting at Mickey O’Neill’s – possible new home.
- October 13th, 2012 – OctoberFest at Waa-Kee-Sha Park – small gathering due to weather. Dan Barton won People’s Choice Beer.
- November 1st, 2012 – 2nd Club Elections for all positions. Mike Zuro new President, Ed Malnar Vice President, Rod Wiberg Treasurer and Neil Hoffman Secretary.
- November 3rd, 2012 – AHA Learn to Homebrew Day at Brewmaster Ken McMullen’s house. 12-14 people attended, with 5 people brewing 40 gallons brewed.
- January 22nd 2011 – Beer Sensory Class held at Limestone with Author Marty Nachel.
- March 2011 – Club hits 80+ registered members!
- May 7th, 2011 – Big Brew Day 2011 at Limestone. Homebrewing event at Limestone
- July 24th, 2011 – PALE Summer Picnic Bash — 60 people attended our 1st family picnic at Riverview Farmstead
- August 27th, 2011 – Midwest Brewers Fest – 2500+ ppl attended the event on a beautiful day in August, PALE was the host homebrew club and instrumental in volunteer support.
- September 2011 – Club hits 100+ registered members!
- November 3rd, 2011 – 1st Club Elections, President Chris Heinen and Officer Neil Hoffman.
- September 2010 – Initial club meeting, mainly for organization and planning.
- October 14, 2010 – 25+ people attended the First Official PALE meeting. By a majority vote – PALE was decided upon as our official club name over 36 choices. First Club President Ed Malnar.
- November 6th 2010 – our 1st “Learn to Homebrew Day” at Limestone with about 6 brewers.
- December 2nd, 2010 – Logo contest – won by Jeff Gaither, slightly modified for printing.
- December 11th 2010 – Club’s first event the 1st Limestone Winterfest – serving homebrew samples.