// Water Tech Talk with Pete Marzullo – March 23 from 11AM – 1PM
- Hopvine Brewing Company
- Be sure to have your water tested prior to the tech talk so YOUR water chemistry questions can be specifically addressed.
- “How do I get my water tested?” I’m glad you asked! Ward laboratories has a fairly inexpensive and easy test kit they sell specifically for brewers. You pay approximately $45, they send you a box, collection bottle, instructions, and a return label. It’s as easy as collect the sample, bottle it, box it, and send it on its way. In about a week, you’ll get an email from Ward with your results. Here’s the link for the test kit: https://www.wardlab.com/BrewersKitOrder.php
// PALE Project Competition – at April PALE Meeting
Ready for a little competition? Collecting entries for the next PALE Project!
Complete the online entry form. ALL entries must be completed by Monday, April 1st. Contact a board member (email@example.com) to coordinate delivery of entry.
Entries to be judged just prior to the April 2019 PALE Meeting at Werk Force, winners announced that night.
$5 per beer per entry. Each entry requires one 12 oz. bottle, clearly labeled with entrant’s name and corresponding BJCP category from the 2015 guidelines. 2015 style guidelines – BJCP Entrants will receive at least 2 completed BJCP scoring sheets per entry and a chance at winning a gift card for the highest scoring sheet(s), depending on the number of entries.
If you are willing to help judge or have questions, please touch base with Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
// PALE Chili Cook-Off and Homebrew Pairing
- Saturday, April 20th at Pollyanna Brewing Company (Lemont) 2 – 5PM
- Want to participate?
- Bring a crockpot full of chili
- Brew a beer to pair with your chili
- Bring both to have everyone enjoy
- We will even name a winner for the following:
- The Best Chili
- The Best Beer
- The Best Chili and Homebrew Pairing
- Not interested in bringing a chili, but want to come anyway?
- That’s cool! We will need people to come and eat our chili and drink our beers
- Everyone attending, even if you are participating in the Chili Cook-off and Homebrew Pairing, will donate at least $10.00 to attend this event. All proceeds will be donated to Naperville Responds to Veterans. Last year we raised $110. Let’s increase that amount this year!