February Meeting Notes:
February Meeting highlights:
30+ members in attendance, several guests and new members as well.
Would truly love to see more PALE members enter homebrew competitions. Please consider one of the upcoming competitions.
- February 8th Application DEADLINE : 2015 National Homebrewers Competition. Shipping to arrive before March 11th – First Round Judging – March at Hopvine.
- February 21: Midwinter Homebrew Competition – Milwaukee, WI
- March 14: Drunk Monk Challenge – Aurora, IL
- March 28: 24th Annual Charlie Orr Memorial Chicago Cup Challenge – Crest Hill, IL
PALE Project: next month Best of Show (all categories)
Upcoming Events: ————-
- February Bottle Share: Feb 21st – Sour Night hosted by Travis Beard
- Naperville Winter Ale Fest – Feb 28th – enter “pale” to get $5 discount
- PALE Softball Team — looking for TEAM NAME and Sponsor
- Chicagoland Homebrew Club Social – April 11th
Chaos Clubhouse – must get free ticket on-line
- Big Brew Day/Meat and Brew – Saturday May 2nd at Rex Slagel’s
AHA Big Brew and 3rd Annual Meat Competition
- 5th Anniversary Barrel Fill – Feb/March with Werk Force Brewing
Survey and more information coming soon.
PALE Alumni: ——————-
Keeping in touch with current and former members that have gone on to professional gigs.
- Hopvine – (Ken) Ukranium Krusher released (Thurs) – will have a multi-year vertical soon.
Chef and Brewer event — 5 brewers pair randomly with 5 brewers – March
- Pollyanna – (Ed) several new releases, Homebrew night is 1st Monday of the month
several events with Marty Nachel and Ashleigh Hayden (New Belgium) coming.
- Nevins – (Marc) has new release Midnight Sun, a collaboration brew with Lake Effect.
- Brew Bag – (Rex) now delivered to 16 countries – and over 1000 invoices.
- Werk Force / Brew Werks (Brandon/Steve) – 3rd year anniversary last weekend.
- Midwest Brewers Fest
Elections: Jon Proulux and Dan Sargent
- Banging Gavel (Walter Ornelas) – official releases of Redhanded and Chicanery
- Katie Long – Illinois Craft Brewers Guild
- New Belgium – (Ashleigh Hayden)
- Bucket List (Pat Ward)
Brewing Tech: ——————-
SMaSH comparison between Pale 2-Row and Marris Otter.
Really showed the taste and color difference between two commonly used malts.
Download the brewing notes and observations (36K pdf)