- Ten Drops Coffee: Mike Zuro has shared that Ten Drops is continuing to offer their roasted coffee beans in more local businesses. Expansion is moving along, working on construction and permitting. Watch the Ten Drops Facebook page for updates on the new space opening.
- Chicago Brew Werks/Werk Force Brewing Co.:
It was great to see everyone at the last meeting at Tailwinds! For those that toured our new Werk Force space at the meeting, they saw we’ve been super busy with build out. Our new floors were poured last week and we will start assembling our new brewhouse in two weeks. We hope to have the new tap room open by late summer. Don’t forget our 3 year Werk Force anniversary party June 9-10!
At CBW we recently added PB2 (powdered peanuts) to our store. We also just got in the new Blichmann RipTide pump with fully cleanable sanitary fitting pump head. Don’t forget to show your PALE card to get 10% off all ingredients.Cheers,Brando & Amanda
- Pollyanna Brewing Company – Roselare: Founded on the idea of “crafted optimism” and storytelling, Pollyanna Brewing has continued to grow by staying true to who we are and remaining irrepressibly optimistic. We believe that optimism isn’t just for foolish hearts—it’s for the curious spirit.
With that spirit always in mind, we’re excited to announce the next chapter in the Pollyanna story. Targeting late fall of 2017, we will open a second taproom and fermentarium 30 miles north of us in Roselle, Illinois. Named “Roselare,” our new concept is derived from two inspirational locations; the historic West Flanders city of Roeselare, Belgium and our new home in Roselle. We plan to further explore the oddities of brewing as we grow our mixed culture fermentations and wood aging experiments by introducing two brand new oak foudres. These beautiful fermentation vessels will allow us to expand our sour and wild beers as well as further highlight our Orenda Volumes and Series of Fortitudes.
We look forward to being able to more widely offer our consistent and high quality flagship beers, limited and unique seasonal beers, and experimental barrel-aged beers. The addition of a second taproom and fermentarium will allow us to diversify our one-off selections in both Lemont and Roselle. Lemont will always be our home and where the Pollyanna story began, but Roselare will be a place of inspiration and an outlet for creativity and we can’t wait for you to see what the future brings.
June 20th – Homebrewer’s Night (at Pollyanna). Join us for Home Brewer’s Night! Bring you homebrew! Talk nerdy about beer and learn tips from other homebrewers. A raffle is held at the end of the night. Your first ticket is just for showing up and get an extra ticket if you RSVP on Facebook to this event!
July 6 – PALE Project competition. Bring your beers to Nevin’s at 6 pm before the next meeting. $5 per beer per entry. Each entry requires one 12 oz. bottle, clearly labeled with entrant’s name and corresponding BJCP category from the 2015 guidelines. 2015 style guidelines – BJCP Find forms on our Competitions page.
July 15-16 – AHA Homebrew Conference, Minneapolis Convention Center.
The AHA Hombrew Con (National Homebrewers Conference) is a fun, educational gathering designed to enhance homebrewers’ brewing skills and knowledge and increase homebrewing camaraderie. Special seminars and events cater to beer enthusiasts and amateur brewers of every level.
What we can do as a Club:
- Share Homebrew
- Learn about our hobby
- Participate in Club Night and Social Club (we have applied for a spot)
- BJCP Judges can participate in the final round judging as Judge or Steward and also attend other BJCP events
Open only to AHA members, if you are not a member a one year membership is $37
Conference Fees: 2017 the are $255 for full conference or $205 for Social Package, details are here http://www.homebrewcon.org/registration/registration-fees/
- Jockey Box Rental and other tidbits. PALE has a jockey box you can rent for $25. Return it clean and you get $10 back. See John Marlovits for more info.
- Thank you to all who participated in Morel Fest on May 6th.
Those that donated beer and poured beer:
Matt MolitorThose that donated beer:
Rick BedellWinner for Mayor’s Choice Best Brew Overall and Small Town Showdown Best Brew: Jesse and Scottie won for their Cucumber Hibiscus Sour
Pale as a group won for Best Salesmen Most Collected Tickets
- Bottleshares – as always if interested in hosting a bottleshare, either create one on Facebook or contact us and we can get an email blast out to the group
- If you’re interested in learning more about various style details and characteristics and/or off flavor specifics, or in depth tech talks watch the PALE Facebook page for upcoming event details. Interested in hosting a night? Please see Patrick Elder to work out details!