We will be brewing our anniversary Imperial Stout at CBW / Brew Werks … SUNDAY, MARCH 1st starting at 9am. (brewdays at Werk Force typically go to about 4pm)
ALL Members are welcome to attend and enjoy.
Note original date was Feb 22nd
February Meeting highlights:
30+ members in attendance, several guests and new members as well.
Would truly love to see more PALE members enter homebrew competitions. Please consider one of the upcoming competitions.
PALE Project: next month Best of Show (all categories)
Upcoming Events: ————-
- February Bottle Share: Feb 21st – Sour Night hosted by Travis Beard
- Naperville Winter Ale Fest – Feb 28th – enter “pale” to get $5 discount
- PALE Softball Team — looking for TEAM NAME and Sponsor
- Chicagoland Homebrew Club Social – April 11th
Chaos Clubhouse – must get free ticket on-line
- Big Brew Day/Meat and Brew – Saturday May 2nd at Rex Slagel’s
AHA Big Brew and 3rd Annual Meat Competition
- 5th Anniversary Barrel Fill – Feb/March with Werk Force Brewing
Survey and more information coming soon.
PALE Alumni: ——————-
Keeping in touch with current and former members that have gone on to professional gigs.
- Hopvine – (Ken) Ukranium Krusher released (Thurs) – will have a multi-year vertical soon.
Chef and Brewer event — 5 brewers pair randomly with 5 brewers – March
- Pollyanna – (Ed) several new releases, Homebrew night is 1st Monday of the month
several events with Marty Nachel and Ashleigh Hayden (New Belgium) coming.
- Nevins – (Marc) has new release Midnight Sun, a collaboration brew with Lake Effect.
- Brew Bag – (Rex) now delivered to 16 countries – and over 1000 invoices.
- Werk Force / Brew Werks (Brandon/Steve) – 3rd year anniversary last weekend.
- Midwest Brewers Fest
Elections: Jon Proulux and Dan Sargent
- Banging Gavel (Walter Ornelas) – official releases of Redhanded and Chicanery
- Katie Long – Illinois Craft Brewers Guild
- New Belgium – (Ashleigh Hayden)
- Bucket List (Pat Ward)
Brewing Tech: ——————-
SMaSH comparison between Pale 2-Row and Marris Otter.
Really showed the taste and color difference between two commonly used malts.
Download the brewing notes and observations (36K pdf)
Feb 2015 PALE Project winners are Patrick Elder for his Russian Imperial Stout, and David Herrmann for both Barleywine and Best of Show categories. Congratulations!